Saturday Shopping

Chilly Saturday, after work, shopped alone.

I walked there with the weary heart caused by the hours of intensive work. It was sunny yet chilly. I walked all the way to the left, I didn't sit for a minute during the work, I kept walking until I saw some benches at the entrance of a mall. I sat down, I sniffed the honey-like fragrance behind me, I turned around, I saw the little white flowers. Background music was in English. I stood up, walked straight, a row of parking lots, the signs. 

I found the powder to boost the growth of flower roots, a tiny pack in the corner of shelves. I looked around the shop twice, they sold orchids, cactus, small roses in pots, seeds of dahlia and lily etc. But among them, the yellow rose I saw online was not found. I spent some time to glance at the wee seeds sold in packs, no rose seeds either. A lady was beside me, searching for her ideal flower seeds. Behind her was her man holding a shopping basket in hand, waiting for her patiently to make the final decision from the dazzling choices. I felt like I was redundant in the scene so I took four packs of flower seeds and checked out.

I entered another shop, to buy a jar. When the picky me tried to choose a flawless glass jar, a lady approached, looking at the jars for two seconds, then took a whole pack of jars which contained six jars, put them into the shopping cart in her man's hands. They walked away peacefully. I guessed their car was waiting anxiously in the parking lot for them. Near the cashier, I heard a hello in my language from a young man, as first I ignored it, then I heard it again, out of courtesy, I said hello back in my language. Finally at the cashier. How could he so certain that I spoke the language, not other languages, I had no clue. I usually thought they could not distinguish us.

I walked all the way back with a 3L jar in my linen bag, 250g of coffee beans as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blue vs Red

Aroma

O My Love