Two Meals With Animals
12:15 p.m., I took the sweet bread and sourcream to the aisle beside the courtyard wall. I moved the broken chair to make sure no one could see me eating there. I put the sourcream lid onto a dusty desk strewned with dry guano. I dipped the bread in my left hand into the sourcream in my right hand, as if they were burrito and guacamole. Few minutes later, six sparrows landed on the plastic barrel under the water spout. They drank some water, flew back to the tree. Then, a crow showed up on the fence, dropped to the barrel to sipped water as well. I threw a piece of bread to the ground, but they weren't those doves surrounding me in the park, they didn't take the food. Instead, something furry crawled towards the bread, which I thought was another type of bird. I was shocked to recognise it was a rat when one of its obsidian eyes peeked at me on the right side. I had never seen any rats since I was here. Anyway, I scared it away intentionally. I fed myself, stood up. I looked at my reflection in the barrel to check if there was residue on my face. The water in the barrel was collected from the water spout, dark green, yet the birds consumed it.
3:25 p.m., I took one plate of spicy stir-fry and one plate of spicy salad to the same place. Those sparrows stopped to the barrel again after I sat down. Later, a parus major joined them to keep hydrated. I stretched my sore neck, looked up to the sapphire sky.
In the rustling of withering trees, leaves fell like snow. I inhaled the dry air and informed myself where I was.
Comments
Post a Comment