Skip to main content

In My Past Now Future

Cher Orangeciel,

During those two thousand years, I never expected to receive your letter. Maybe I'm used to be ghosted. Yeah I'm used to many things since the collision. You have no idea how merriful I am when I hold the crumble paper in my trembling hands.

How long does it usually take for you to process something? I guess that's long, so I leave you there to figure out how to react. I open my arms to all the possible reaction, or no reaction.

You vanished since the day you put on the suit and tie, talked like a grown-up, soullessly. I pulled the trigger, probably. I knew, I know. But I love to pretend I don't know anything, so I don't hurt myself, another thousand years of pain? Love yourself, love yourself, love yourself, don't put your emotions in the pathetic position of any other person — something you've tried so hard to teach me. Guess I just want to hear some language I understand when I see the astonishing sunset, say, look so beautiful. Then, something like, yeah, so beautiful. 

Did I ask for too much? Yeah, can't accept the fact there is only me, no one else. 

Stardust of collision sealed the cystal pearlescent orange, chocked you. This piece of cloud is professional dust-wiper, with drenching rainfall. However the sky is too crowded to spare some spot for the cloud to rain. 

All I can remember are the joyful smiles in their faces, the last time I saw them. They must feel relief and solace without me being around. So are you, I bet. 

GO BACK TO WHERE YOU WERE FROM! GO BACK... I kept hearing it again, lingering around as if I could be so important that they can't live without me.

Same, same again. You asked if I wanted to be alone. Nope. But nobody can carry the misery in me, the aftermath of collision, just no one can. I don't want to hurt anyone, so I curl myself into the shell. Declare to the world I love it so much. 

Thanks for watching me antics from above.


Lune Rouge

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can't Hold Back

My Tears. I gotta cry, now. How many times? How many times have I told you to not cry when you thought of him? Look what you've done today! I warned you to hold back the urge to drop that broken pearl necklace from your eyes. Look what you're doing now! Crying your fucking heart out the same as that day in the city where you two met? You're not even in that town now! 10000km away from where you met. 188438400 seconds have passed since that day!  Allow me cry for ten minutes please, then, I can continue to numb my mind by the endless trivialities. Physical pain is the cure to that invisible yet so much more painful chat in my mind.

Blue vs Red

Two officially compatible colors are running at your town. Who will win? The blue me or red you? The answer is easy—the one who loves more will win.  We love each other equally. The universe saw it. But what I'm loving? There's nothing there now, not a single word. The fact you enjoy being a stranger to me us is a hard fact I've learned to accept.

Aroma

At night, the aroma of Mama's food still lingered the air in the house, as if mom just cooked us a delicious meal as those countless old days. I waited for mom's call from the kitchen to ask us to eat, but no sound. I kept the light on as usual, I wrapped myself in the cotton blanket, I closed my eyes. "Mama", I whispered.   I was long for mung bean pastry, a snack I loved since the first time I ate. So I decided to make it from scratch. One important ingredient is the lard. I noticed a bowl of fatty meat in the freezer for a while. So I took it out, defrost it. When it was boiling in the water, a lot of garlic gloves and dried shrimps were separated into the water. The images of mom peeling garlic and adding spices to the meat flashed in my mind, I held the spatula to stir the meat, so that my tears wouldn't drop. Then a familiar aroma of Mama's food drifted in the kitchen. I thought of the days mom cooking in the kitchen, I breathed deeply, I felt safe in th...