Rewrite
“You like it?”
“Love it! So huge. Want more and more”
Hem hem. HEM.
“You like it? I rewrote the first few paragraphs.” I watch you running all the way down the verdant hill to me in a balmy spring afternoon. The scribbled handwriting on the parchment is not dry yet.
“Love it!” I reply.
“Can you tell me precisely which part you love?”Your eyes wait for my answer eagerly.
“Apparently, she changes her haircut, but he knows it's the same personality that he used to know. I feel happy for him. Meanwhile, I'm a bit sad.”
“How come?”
“He struggles to ignore the friend-zone signal she sends to him, acting clumsily to demonstrate his ‘you have no idea how much I love you’ to her. I can hear him like ‘No, I don't believe so, it's just an illustration, nothing has changed between us.’ The good thing is she finally uses the word ‘like’ to express her feeling for his real self, directly. I bet even if he dies immediately, he dies without regrets.”
“You remember the previous version I wrote but accidentally lost? Which one do you think is better?”
“Hmm, if I were the character, I like the previous one more, because that was savage. Personally, I like the new one more. Regardless which zone they are in now, I can feel they both have shaked hands with the past, which is a long and tough journey. Yet, they haven't reached the core of the problem, maybe they can only do it in galaxy.”
“Wow, I didn't feel that much when I wrote it, actually.”
“I can't wait to know the ending, when can I read it?”
“No ending, this story has no ending.”
“No ending? You kidding me? Every story has an ending. Either happily or sadly ever after. How will you write a story without ending?”
“You will see.” You wink.
The seemingly-indestructible dimensional wall dehisces. Your silhouette, as you lower your head to check your manuscript, cracks into billions of tangerine butterflies. The dazzling tangerine slowly permeates into the dimensional dehiscence, closer and closer to the galaxy. Simultaneously, my physical existence disappears. Have I become the universe? Why the galaxy is in me? Why my subconscious haven't vainished with my physical existence? Where is me?”
Comments
Post a Comment