Epiphany

As the source of life in this beautiful blue planet, water contributes more than 50% of weight to the human body. Naturally, people choose to settle down near water. City clusters were gradually developed along rivers, as well as the worship and mythology associated to rivers.

The local river deity heard my monologue, therefore the message was sent to me. The existence of something that can't be seen never feel so real.

During the first hour of the new year, started from the frozen river, I walked all the way to the blue church rebuilt not long ago, because the benches in the park nearby were brand new. When I was on the slope next to a red building, a big black dog — half of my height, ran across my right side. When I stopped under two lamps in snow, the same dog ran by me from my right side, to the direction of river. I couldn't help to search the symbolism. I glanced at the two or three words of the definition, I swiftly put my phone back to my pocket. I told myself, it was not like that. When I stood up from the bench, about to leave, I saw the same dog running out the gate to my left. The dog was just frightened by the sound of fireworks, I told myself. Even if it meant what they defined online, to me, it was the depression that ran away. I tried hard to convince myself to think optimistically.

Maybe the clarity will dawn on me at the end of the year. I hoped the river had deliver my words via the water under the ice.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blue vs Red

Aroma

O My Love