Toast
A long-term friend is precious, because a part of the younger you stayed in her memory, help you have a picture of who you were long time ago.
"Just thought of you when I ate these sea salt toast." A new message popped up, from a college friend. We caught up a bit. She's still enthusiastic as always, asking me to visit her town, where I graduated. "I haven't been there for ten years, just wonder if there are some big changes." I replied. She said yes, a lot has changed.
I was surprised to know I was a toast-fan in her memory. Then I recalled how recently I'm addicted to eat bread raw, without anything else added. But I didn't remember I loved toast since I was in college. Yet some clues emerged, further, before we headed to another twon every weekend, mom prepared two big loaves of uncut pillow-toast for the trip. That soft and super stretchy texture, a bit salty, nothing more. Two flavours were available, salty and sweet, I always prefer the salty one. Some food remained in childhood, that bakery lasts until now but they don't sell that toast anymore.
I saw many tutorials about thousands ways to eat different breads, from sandwiches, burgers, wraps to salads, but I barely tried, I don't know why. Maybe I don't want other stuff cover the original taste of wheat.
Comments
Post a Comment