“I'm fine, thank you. And you?”—A standard reply taught in our first English class. Perfectly correct, emotionless polite and orientated to the cultural habits.
But your reply of "I'm fine" tells me you're not. We all know fine<good<great. Besides, selecting a unique word to make the reply vivid is natural as eat drink and sleep, yet the pain "fine" is chosen, polite and distancing. The word "bad" is luckily hidden because the speaker is not intended to stir worries in the listener, I guess.
Something is bothering you, so you exiled yourself to a desolate tribe. But nobody should see what's going on inside, even the internal bad bad things are guarded so the true self is not exposed. I can't imagine how heavy is that for you to carry on. You have to shatter your self into millions piece, to forget who you are for some time, to, here I don't want to use the word "heal", I'd say, to be able to say "fine".
Hugs, babe. We gon be alright.
Comments
Post a Comment