Forgot to take the phone with me for a whole day. When I came back, I checked the phone, no missed calls, no unread messages. I feel like I'm nobody, of no impartance. Meanwhile, I guess most people in this era are not free enough like me to live without a phone.
Did I feel anxious or the urge to reach out to my phone when I got a second to rest? No, not at all. I wanted to read a paper book but got none by hand. I simply hoped nobody called me or look for me. The strange thing was time passed faster without a phone. My eyes and my temples were happily stressed free. Even though I needed to use my phone to work on something, I enjoyed the day without phone.
Sometimes I wonder how many people hold the memory of life without mobile phones. Can people still have a normal day without screen time? I was lucky to grow up while seeing each milestone of technology. I have the memory of life without cell phones, computers, internet. Electronic products are more like tools to me rather than a place where my soul desperate to return to every minute.
Maybe I'm really old, to feel this way. Old or not, my well-being is the priority.
Comments
Post a Comment